Sunday, February 13, 2011

How ridiculous is it that I’m in London for the first time…


…Hell, Europe even. 

And I wont’ be leaving the airport.

Just a few hours in London-Heathrow, then to Turkey (is that Europe? It’s in the European Union, right?).  And then Baghdad.  Ha!  Weird!

But then again, I guess I’m not really in these countries am I.  Nope.  Not really.  I am in that neutral territory that known as is international travel.  Airports.  They really aren’t anywhere after all.   Sure, they have geographic locations in actual sovereign nations and all, but if you never go through passport control, does it really even count?  Are you really in? 

Debatable. 

I think it’s funny to think about though…me and all these travel refugees, floating around in airport no man’s land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment