Friday, April 15, 2011

I have been hiding out.



Well, sort of.  I really haven’t been totally reclusive after all…saw a few old friends, got my haircut, wound up getting new breaks for my car, etc.  I also packed up my place in Tacoma and buzzed down to Palo Alto to find a place to live last week.    

But mostly I have been sleeping.  At least for the first half of the week.  I have to do that a couple times a year it seems, what with the usual gallivanting and all. 

But okay, wait…I’ll back up. 

My new job doesn’t start until May 9…well, I could have started earlier but after my wild time in Iraq and the fact that I will be leaving the region, I opted to push it back.  Which is nice because I can be more relaxed about the whole endeavor…and go to Siberia for another heart trip real quick like before I move. 

My mom was pretty freaking delighted since she has a laundry room full of month old puppies and was scheduled for a Mexican vacation this week…so I have been house sitting.  

Hence the unstructured time for sleeping, reading, getting over my cold from hell, and hanging out with some adorable little squeaky fuzz balls.  Puppy therapy is hard to beat. 

So yeah, been pretty chill and boring.  Sorry that I don’t have anything profound or exciting to share.  But I got a lot done…and laid around in the spring sunshine and drank coffee in the hot tub. 

Like I said…not bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment