Monday, February 13, 2012

It’s a beautiful day in Istanbul!


Sunny and around 45 F.  Found my hotel shuttle, found my hotel, took a much needed shower and I’m going to take a shuttle downtown here in a few to see some sites!  I’m still holding out hope that the woman who was my Istanbul connection might be able to meet for dinner or something.  Maybe grab another nap (I have been sleeping in 2-3 hour chunks for over 24 hours now, and feeling pretty okay about it so far).   Then back to the airport around 0100 to catch my 0300 flight…should be in Najaf just in time to start the day. 

But leaving Istanbul might actually prove to be a bit of a challenge.  Apparently, everyone in the team so far has run into a little difficulty boarding their flights.  Hopefully things will have been worked out by the time I get back to the airport tonight but we will see.  The last person to arrive in Najaf got pulled out of line while boarding her flight by the officials who were convinced that she must be trying to board the wrong flight…why on Earth would a blond American woman, traveling alone no less, be headed to Najaf, Iraq?

So, once again, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment